Monday, December 12, 2011

Can bad credit be fixed and how??

My credit is terrible. Like Steven King Novel scary. I just turned 29 and with 30 looming over me, I want to get these mistakes fixed! Trouble is, I don't even know where to start. I am trying to make sense of my credit report and who I owe money to, but even that is confusing me.



I am dreaming of being able to buy a house by the time I am 30- one year away. Can all of my mistakes be fixed in time, and where do I start???Can bad credit be fixed and how??
You can fix your credit. It just takes time.

First what you need to do is order your credit report from all three of the reporting agencies. Go over them very thoroughly, and make sure that all of the information is correct.

Second pay off as much debit as your can.

If you have several credit cards, try to consolidate onto the card with the lowest interest.

Third call your creditors, advised them you are interested in buying a home, and see if they can help you lower interest rates.

Fourth cancel all accounts that are not useful. If you have too many store accounts, it really counts against you.

Fifth pay you bills on time. Your payment history will effect your credit report.Can bad credit be fixed and how??
You need to go to the bank and speak to a credit counselor. They will consolidate your debts so you only have to make one payment. They can also get your creditors to agree to lower the amount you owe.



After that you need to talk to a financial advisor who will help you set up a budget. Get going. It can be done.
First of all do not go to a credit counselor. Do not go..do not go..



Credit Counseling looks almost as bad as a bankruptcy to the larger lenders. The best thing to do is order a report with all three bureaus then correct any inaccuracies. Pay off your collections if you have any then give it a little time. Your score will rise with every month of on time payments. Another thing, do not apply for any new credit whatsoever..nothing. Too many inquiries on your credit report are a sign that you NEED credit.
Normally I don't ever recommend credit counsolers...but since you are so totally confused with your credit report and don't have a clue how to proceed, you may need to consult one.



Try real hard to find one that is associated with a non-profit agency. At least they won't charge you an arm and a let.



You don't really need all of their services. Sounds like if you could sit down with someone to advise you of what to do, that should be enough.



Credit repair agencies generally do the same things that you can do yourself, but they will charge you a great deal of money. They promise you great results, but rarely do they achieve them. There is a company that is pumping lots of radio ads promising to cut your credit card bills by 60%! If they would put that promise in writing and guarantee it, now we're talking. But they won't.



If I can be of any help email me. I don't have nearly enough info to guide you at this point.
All the info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment