Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I get a credit card with bad credit and high income?

I am 25 years old and have had a few late payments in my past on small items. American Express recently canceled my credit card due to a review of my credit report.



I have found my credit score to be aroundd 620 but I have been denied for the last 3 credit cards I applied for.



My income is around $200,000/year and I have never had a problem paying for everything with cash, but I would like to rebuild my credit score so I can buy a house in the future. I lease my car and rent an apartment, other than that I have never had any significant payments to make to establish credit. But, I have never had a bad credit problems either.



It seems that having a credit card would help get my score back over 700 but I am not sure how to get one.



I have seen these cards that cost $250 in fees to get a cad with a $250 limit but I used to put $4-5k per month on my Amex (and paid it off on time every month). It does not seem like one of these cards would help much.



Please let me know how I can begin the process of of establishing credit.How do I get a credit card with bad credit and high income?
Stop applying for unsecured credit cards, you will only be denied. You will have to start out with secured credit. Make sure the banks report to the credit bureaus, otherwise it does no good.



Go to the bank you do business with, ask them if they have a secured credit card, if they do open a new account with $300 - $500 tell them you want a secured credit card against that account. Use the card for small purchases like gas or food and pay the card off entirely each month on time.



Also you can take your savings account and save until you have $1,000. Tell your banker you want to take a installment loan out against the savings account. Take the money you receive and put it in your checking account to repay the loan. Pay it off in 12 months. Lenders like to see a mixture of credit, revolving, installments, personal loans.



After a few months you can try for an unsecured card again. Retail store cards and gas cards are normally easier to get.



It will take 24 months of consistent on time payments to re-establish your credit rating.How do I get a credit card with bad credit and high income?
You have money but don't pay your bills.

What is your plan to fix that first?
First of all stop applying for credit cards all at the same time, you want to limit the number of applications down to 1 every 6 months. Also just because you have a high limit and pay it all off doesn't mean you should fill up your card this makes it look like you are desperate for money, to get the best credit scores you should keep the balance between 1% and 30 % of the limit.



To start your credit since you have the money go to a bank and get a secured credit card, bank of america and wells fargo offer the most reliable ones. You give them a $300-$10,000 deposit which you get back in 6-12 months sometimes with interest. That will be your limit stay under 30% of that limit. Keep paying and they might give you a limit increase. Apply for a normal credit card after 6 months to keep building your credit. Auto loans help but you might want to raise your credit first to get a lower rate, don't pay it off as soon as you get it though because there would be a lack of credit history.

For bank of america secured credit card

https://www6.bankofamerica.com/credit-ca…
How about try a secured card. I work in a bank and we have what is called a secured visa card. You will put a certain amount in a locked savings account, whatever amount you put in it is your credit limit. The bank does not show the card is secured and after about a year of perfect payments they will give you your money back from the account.
Definitely try the secured card option the above posters suggested. Your auto payment will help you to build credit. Also, your cell phone bills helps as well.
The secured card route sounds perfect for your situation. Be careful, there are some secured cards that are better than others. For example, some carry application or annual fees, while others allow you to earn interest on your deposit. I spent about twenty years working in the credit card business in various risk management roles and have posted my three favorites on creditgumbo.com. Check it out if you have a few minutes.
A credit score of 620 is terrible for someone with your salary since you should easily have a credit score of at least 775. Currently your credit score is in the lower 20 percentile of the population.



http://www.creditscoring.com/average/



Another credit card will not help you to build your credit score if you maintain your old habits. Each missed payment (no matter how small) will wipe out any advantage of on-time payments for about a year.



If you can't be bothered to always make your payments on time, then you should set up a automatic bill pay to pay at least double the estimated minimum payment each month when you get a new credit card as well as make other payments on time. You can always later pay the remainder when you remember.
this is a free credit card that anyone can get regardless of your history and you can build your credit and pat bills rent cars and much more happy spending



http://sites.google.com/site/creitditadv…

No comments:

Post a Comment