Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I fix my bad credit? Thanks to countrywide.?

In January 08, I called Countrywide to see how they can lower my interest rate from 7.25 to anything better. They told me they couldn't do that but to do a Loan Modification instead. I trusted them enough to and did it. They sent my loan docs to me. But only reflected 2 months not the 3 months they promised. I was told not to make any payments as well. I couldn't notarize them because they put my maiden name on the docs, not my married name. Duringr this entire time, 5 months passed and I was constantly promised they were in the process of sending me new docs. Never received them. I finally got a call back and was told I had to send in $100.00 for the name change. They are re-activating my modification but won't fix my credit. Now my house is in forclosure and my credit in the toilet. How do I fix my credit with these lying dirt bags?How do I fix my bad credit? Thanks to countrywide.?
YOU stopped paying your mortgage, and you want to somehow make someone else responsible for that? That's not how it works. Your credit report is accurate so it can't be changed. Your credit report states that you didn't pay your mortgage for 5 months, which is exactly what happened.How do I fix my bad credit? Thanks to countrywide.?
What do you think you can fix?



Where did your payments go for January through July? Surely you knew that only bad things could happen if you didn't pay.
There are agencies who help with that. In nashville we have an agency called New Level community development Phone: 615-627-0347 . you could start by calling them and they would tell you who or what type of agency you should look for in your area. They help with such issues. You may also contact your credit union to see if they have resources for you. There are definitely ppl willing to help. I would start with your credit union or dave ramsey I'm sure has answers. Also dont forget your area chamber of commerce. They will have valuable resources for you as well.
You were obligated to pay according to your original mortgage terms unless or until you got something in writing (on paper, not e-mail) from your lender saying otherwise, or your refi or modification had been completed.



If you failed to pay per terms of your loan and were more than 30 days late, you should expect that to show up on your credit report, because it is true, and there is nothing to fix.
If you request a loan modification from Countrywide- They tell you that if you try to pay during the modification process, the modification will be denied. They BLOCK you from paying your mortgage during the modification process. They take away the ability to pay via your online account and will send back any payments made via snail mail. They will then drag out the modification process for months on end with stupid things such as this person stated in her question. ALL Countrywide customers are told not to pay, it will interfere with the modification, are blocked from paying... and then Countrywide drags the process out for many, many months and even years... most of the time the excuse is lost paperwork, or that the person that was assigned to their account left. This is so they can gain control of your account, charge LARGE late fees during the modification process and report the non payment to credit bureaus. This way, they can scare you in to accepting what ever modification they offer you- you can't go anywhere else because now you have a ding on your credit. Do a quick google search and you will find this is true.



We found a way to get around their blockage during our modification but only because we joined an online forum in which advocates and Countrywide customers share their experiences and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment