Monday, December 12, 2011

My credit is bad, is there a professional person who can fix it?

I am 20 years old and I have bad credit and I don't know how. I've never had a credit card, don't own a house, I borrow my boyfriends car, and I live with a friend. I tried to get my credit scores almost a year ago but I missed spelled my mom's maiden name but in a few weeks I will be able to get another free credit check. I want to know if my credit is bad is there a professional who can fix it or do I go to a lawyer?My credit is bad, is there a professional person who can fix it?
You can't fix bad credit other than by cleaning up your credit reports and afterwards allowing the time it takes to rebuild your credit score, but first you're going to have to find out what exactly it is that is making it so bad. Don't pay someone for things you can do yourself. If you've never established credit, it could be that you've been the victim of identity theft if you're sure you have ';bad credit'; (as opposed to ';no credit';).



You are entitled to get one free credit report per year at https://annualcreditreport.com . When you request your reports, make sure you get the one that includes all three credit bureaus.



When you get your reports, go over them with a fine toothed comb. If you see items you don't recognize, dispute them with the credit bureaus and the companies that reported them. If you find you have been the victim of identity theft, recovering can be a long process, but it can be done. More info here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/id



------------------------------

To the poster below, checking your own FICO or obtaining your own credit reports does NOT lower your credit score.My credit is bad, is there a professional person who can fix it?
If you could afford a lawyer, you wouldnt have bad credit. NO ONE can fix this but you and only if there is an error on the 3 credit report sites experian, equifax, and transunion. You may just have no credit because youve never had a loan. Generally when ppl go to college they get some school loans or starter credit cards and they start to build a credit history. Do NOT attaempt to pay some scammer to ';fix'; your credit because they are just scammers, period.
It's not that you have bad credit, it's just that you have no credit which is sometimes even worse. When I was your age and in college I talked to my bank and they set me up with a credit card with an only $500 limit. They told me to go out and make a small purchase and just pay the minimum balance. Some people will tell you to pay your card off, but if you are trying to build credit don't do that. They want to see you pay on a balance.



Also, don't keep checking your credit score, because that brings it down. Do just what I did and I promise you will build credit. Don't apply for one at a store because they require existing credit and they will just deny you, which brings down your score.



Or else, you could have your parents cosign for one, I was a foster kid and didn't really have parents in my life so that is how I built my credit.



If you have any questions feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment