Monday, December 12, 2011

What does bad credit do for the other person with good credit buying a home?

Now I have ask this question before but if he could do it on his own and still get what we are looking for.I am wondering how bad they can flip his 785 if mine is way way under that.I hear they take mine and not his.I don't that it is fair if it is true.What does it do if we wanted to add my income and horriable credit to our loan?Really give me the ugly.We want a 200,000 house I am scared his 54,000yr won't be able to get the loan.Even with 10,000 down and a 785 with no debt withour my 25,000income.I have no debt ever!But I have a CCCS program on my past.What does bad credit do for the other person with good credit buying a home?
THis is a recurring problem. The one with the money has bad credit. The one with the good credit has no money. (not exactly your situation but close). You will pay 8 percent interest for 30 years in your scenario. Go ahead and do it. Then you both own the house. Later you can refinance to a better rate when the CCCS is done. /What does bad credit do for the other person with good credit buying a home?
With zero debt you may be able to pull it off, but with the softening market why don't you do some VERY agressive savings and use the next nine months or so to bring up your credit rating and build a better cash reserve?
You low credit score would most likely cause you to pay a higher interest rate. If neither one of you have any debt then that might help. I don't know what a CCCS program is. You can call a few lenders and explain your situation and ask what they can do for you. Explain that your credit score is low but his is high and tell them how much your income is and the price of the house you want. The lenders will be able to tell you if they can do a loan solely in his name or not and how much effect your low credit score will have if they have to use you. Most lenders will talk to you and do what they can to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment