Monday, December 12, 2011

Repairing my bad credit problems will take how long???

My wife and I got some credit cards, bought a house, a couple new cars, then I unexpectedly got laid off from work(3 years ago). The first winter we lived off our credit cards and since then we have paid off 2 of 6 cards with about 5 grand worth of debt to go. I am going top get a large tax return this year but we were planning on putting a new deck on our house this spring with that money. Is it better to just pay off the other cards in the next year or pay them off all at once. These cards have been defaulted for 2 years now and all intrest and fees have stopped cause they have went to collections.



If I pay off all my debt in March of 08 how long do you think it will be before I can get a loan to put the deck on my house?Repairing my bad credit problems will take how long???
Have you learned nothing?!?!?!?!



Pay off your credit cards, then SAVE for a deck and PAY FOR IT.



If you constantly live in debt, of course you will get hosed if a layoff happens.



Start saving an emergency fund. Make it your goal to pay off all your debt, then to save 3 to 6 month's of expenses.



Start buying only what you can afford (cars and decks included) to pay for - not finance.





And, why are you getting a large tax return? If you are in debt, you should not be laoning your money to Unkle Sam all year. Adjust your witholding so that money comes to you in your paychecks each week (but DON'T SPEND IT).



Good Luck.





www.daveramsey.comRepairing my bad credit problems will take how long???
Rick B. is correct...nothing else to add......I shudder to think about how Suze Orman would respond to your question.....Just the thought of it makes me tremble with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment